Saturday 12 April 2008

What's in my rucksack?

hiking: equipment in my rucksack
For the curious, here's a list of the equipment normally in my rucksack:
  • 7.5m of 10mm rope and 2.5m of 5mm rope
  • a 1:25000 map of the Yorkshire Dales
  • Petzl Zoom caving lamp, with spare bulb
  • notepad and 2 pens
  • 2 microfibre towels
  • Samsung L60 digital camera and a mini tripod
  • 2 karabiners (HMS and D) and 2 mallions
  • matches and a flint and steel
  • a whistle and first aid kit, in case of emergency
  • Northern Caves 2, caving guide book
  • set of cutlery
  • 2 spare torches and spare batteries
  • Garmin Geko GPS and a compass for navigation
Also I normally take food, drink and a change of clothes when I'm walking. :-)

1 comments:

Touch Editing Fast said...

Thank you for sharing these. You have a lot in your bag

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. If you're familiar with any of the places, plants or creatures or have anything else to add, please feel free to leave a comment below. Please try the alternative comment form if you're having trouble commenting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails